Let’s be real, we all have chocolate cravings. Unless you’re one of those people who doesn’t like chocolate. If so, I’m sorry, because you are missing out on a whole bunch of deliciousness. Crave no more, this paleo chocolate mug cake is perfect.
In less than 3 minutes, you can spoon some chocolatey goodness into your mouth. This mug cake satisfies all those late night cravings, it’s single serve so you can’t eat a whole cake (built in self-control), and you don’t have to deal with a major cleanup.
Mug cake is even better when you top it with vanilla coconut milk ice cream. I have made quite a few mug cakes in my life, and I have to say, they have gotten me through so many long hours of studying. Plus, if you make your mug cake with dark chocolate, check out the health benefits!
- Full of antioxidants (flavenoids)
- Reduces bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Reduces risk of blood clots
- May lower blood pressure
- May increase blood flow to arteries and heart
- May improve mood and pleasure by boosting levels of serotonin & endorphin
- Regular intake may improve cognitive performance in the elderly
- Contains calcium, magnesium, & potassium, among many other minerals
Source: University of Michigan Health
Well, I hope this chocolatey masterpiece changes your life for the better like it has for me. It’s also 100% gluten, dairy, grain, and refined sugar free for all my paleo peeps.
How do you satisfy your chocolate cravings?